Your car donation will be used to support your favorite AETN programs. When you make a donation your vehicle is resold at an auto auction, and the proceeds go to the AETN Foundation. To donate a car or for more information, call: Vehicles for Charity 1-877-308-2408
What vehicles does the AETN Foundation accept?
The Arkansas Educational Television Network Foundation accepts cars, trucks and RVs. When you make an automobile donation your vehicle is resold at auction and the proceeds of the sale go to the AETN Foundation. Most vehicles are accepted except those that are heavily damaged or incomplete. The AETN Foundation Car Donation program accepts automobile donations in most Arkansas locations.
By donating your car, truck, boat, or RV to the AETN Foundation:
- You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return.
- You'll be spared the ordeal of selling your vehicle. You'll make a valuable contribution to help people in need in your community.
- You'll help support your favorite local programming, such as Antiques Roadshow, Last of the Summer Wine, NOVA, and Masterpiece Theatre.
Are car donations tax-deductible?
Yes, your donation qualifies as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return, because the AETN Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
How do I donate a car?
Call 1-877-308-2408 to make your donation.
- the title to your car
- location of your car
- general condition of your car
This information assists the tow company in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.
Will you pick up my car?
The AETN Foundation will send a tow truck to pick up your vehicle. The driver will need:
- the car keys
- the title to your car
- your signature authorizing the tow
A tow receipt will be given to you by the driver verifying that your vehicle was received on behalf of the AETN Foundation.
How do I estimate the value of my car?
The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form for the fair market value of your donated vehicle. The condition of your car affects the fair market value. Take a look at these free publications:
- Kelley Blue Book Use estimate to substantiate fair market value
- NADA Guides Use estimate to substantiate fair market value of your classic car or recreational vehicle.
- Determining the Value of Donated Property IRS Publication 561 How to determine the value of your donation
- Noncash Charitable Contributions If the fair market value of the vehicle is $5000 or greater you must file the IRS Form 8283 with your tax return. Access the form on the IRS Forms Site.
To donate a car or for more information, call: Vehicles for Charity 1-877-308-2408